We have receive a wonderful number of ideas to implement in the next parking/traffic budget for Bankers Hill
Listed below is a current summary. Use the Comment Form below that to add your ideas to the list.
We will post here – the final list that will be submitted for the 2012 Budget. Thank you all for your concern and help!
Bankers Hill Project Ideas received for the 2012-2013 budget submittal:
- Place Stop sign on Fifth Avenue either at Ivy or Juniper Streets to slow speeding traffic.
- On both Fourth and Fifth Avenues, convert alternating blocks to angle parking. Convert west side of the block to angle parking for one-block, and then convert the east side of the adjacent block to angle parking. Repeat this process the length of Fourth and Fifth Avenues through Bankers Hill.
- Along Sixth Avenue, add diagonal parking along the east side of the Avenue, and narrow the Avenue one-lane in each direction. Add center left turn lane. In the long-term, add parking meters.
- Along Sixth Avenue, add stop signs and install painted cross walks. Reduce the legal speed limit onSixth Avenueby five-miles per hour. Slow down the traffic in Bankers Hill.
- Limit the number of Stop signs in Bankers Hill, and use roundabouts instead.
- Add a Stop sign at the intersection of First Avenue and Ivy Street.
- Add angle parking to one-side of First Avenue. Leave parallel parking on the other side. This will help calm traffic on First Avenue and will increase the parking supply.
- Use “blinking” Stop signs to increase the visibility of Stop signs to speeding motorists.
- Add parking meters to better manage available parking spaces.
- Survey painted curbs to evaluate and update red, blue, yellow and white curbs.
- Add motorcycle / scooter / moped parking.
- Add variable price meters.
- Add angle parking.
- Remove one-traffic lane on Fourth Avenueto add angle parking.
- Add Stop sign at First Avenue and Juniper Street, and another along First Avenue and a to be determined cross street two or three-blocks north of the Maple Canyon bridge.
- Add countdown timers.
- Add better lighting for pedestrian routes; preferably solar powered.
- Add Stop signs and traffic signals on Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Avenues.
- Add painted bulb outs.
- Add a sidewalk on the west side of Fourth Avenuebetween Palm and Spruce Streets.
- Add painted crosswalks on Sixth Avenuethat correspond with newly added curb cuts.
- Upgrade crosswalks by adding painted “zebra stripe” pattern to increase visibility.
- Add bicycle ovals to parking meters.
- Add bicycle racks.
- Add bicycle corrals.
- Add bicycle lanes per the adopted Bicycle Plan for San Diego.
- Make bus stops and bus shelters more inviting and user friendly.
- Implement a tram or shuttle circulating system for Bankers Hill.
- Support the San Diego Trolley / streetcar extension between Centre City and Hillcrest via Bankers Hill.